American Fork, UT Veterinary Clinic Pet Services
We're pleased to offer the following services at Utah Veterinary Hospital including:
- Physical Examinations for dogs, cats, ferrets, guinea pigs, rats, mice, rabbits, most reptiles and amphibians
- Dental Cleaning for dogs
- Dental Cleaning for cats
- Dog Spay
- Dog Neuter
- Cat Spay
- Cat Neuter
- Dog Vaccinations (shots) - Distemper-Parvo-Adenovirus 2-Parainfluenza, Bordetella, Rabies
- Cat Vaccinations (shots) - Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis-Calicivirus-Panleukopenia, Chlamydia, Feline Leukemia Virus, Rabies
- Deworming and Parasite Control (including Heartworm testing and preventative)
- Limited Video Endoscopy (Nose, Ears, Throat)
- Urgent Care
- Wound Care and Management
- Humane Euthanasia and Cremation Services
- All general veterinary services
- Pet Travel Certificates (Interstate Healthy Certificates, CVI, APHIS Form 7001, International Health Certificates, Airline Forms)
- **NEW** LASER (PHOTOBIOMODULATION) THERAPY - To stimulate deep cells for faster, better, improved healing, reduce pain, and improve chronic problems (such as arthritis, spinal pain, and most causes of pain and inflammation)
- **NEW** ORTHOPEDIC SURGERIES:
- Long Bone Fracture Repair (plating, splinting)
- Femoral Head Ostectomy
- Coming Soon: Cranial Cruciate Ligament Rupture corrective surgeries
- MEDICATIONS AND SCRIPTS: We carry a wide variety of veterinary medications available to fill for our patients' needs. No prescriptions will be filled without proper and valid Veterinarian-Client-Patient Relationship. If a prescription script is requested, there will be a service charge of $5 associated per script. Further, due to lack of quality care, accountability, and governmental oversight, we no longer approve prescription requests from any online pharmacy without prior written prescription script(s) from the doctor (personally given to the client).
Our appointment book is computerized which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. Emergencies are accepted anytime our clinic is open. If you feel you have an emergency with your pet, please call us or come to the hospital immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on your particular emergency.
We have a veterinarian and personnel on duty 6 days a week who are trained and equipped to handle any urgent care your pet has. Usually an emergency team consists of at least one veterinarian and several technicians working together to save a pet's life. Emergencies can be things such as snail bait poisoning, hit by car, and chocolate ingestion. If you ever feel that your pet needs emergency treatment do not hesitate to call or come in immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a team member can advise you on your particular emergency.
We are also available for urgent care when the condition is not life-threatening. If you feel your pet needs to be seen before you are able to get an appointment, our veterinarians will work to "squeeze" you in between scheduled appointments. When you arrive, our receptionists will be able to give you an estimate on how long you may have to wait in order to be seen.
All surgeries require a non-refundable and non-transferable security deposit of $20 to book the appointment. Fracture repair and orthopedic surgeries pose an extensive and expensive pre-operative planning phase, and require $1,500, or 50% of the estimated surgery cost (whichever is less), as a non-refundable and non-transferable security deposit, to book the surgery.
Because a large number of veterinarians practice at Utah Veterinary Hospital, we can care for many types of pets:
- Guinea Pigs
- Small Reptiles and Amphibians
Utah Veterinary Hospital offers discounted services to senior citizens and local area rescue groups. Pre-approval is required to qualify for the rescue group discounts, please call us for more information. Go to the "About Us" page for discounts details.